Insurance and Billing
Granville Health System recognizes that hospital and medical bills are usually an unexpected and unplanned expense. The mission of the Patient Financial Services Department is to work with you to ensure that all payment is obtained from any insurance or any other coverage you may have. In addition, we also understand that the medical and hospital billing process is complicated and, at times, difficult to understand.
Our mission is also to work with and help you through this process for both your insurance and/or self-pay responsibility. A Patient Financial Counselor may meet with you to assist you with your bill while you are in the hospital. Granville Medical Center has made a commitment to provide quality care to all patients who present for services. We are also committed to being fiscally responsible to ensure that we are able to provide the best services. By responding to our payment policies, you will help us minimize our administrative billing costs.
Payment Types and Resources:
Self-Pay – Uninsured – Every effort should be made to make payments within 30 days of the billing date. An automatic 20% discount is given to all self-pay patients at the time of billing. This discount will already be applied prior to you receiving your first bill.
* Payment Plan – We understand that not everyone is able to pay their balance in full within 30 days. Therefore, we can establish a payment plan to assist you in paying your bill.
If you have no insurance, Granville Medical Center provides an automatic 20% discount for services at our facility to assist you with your costs as defined by hospital policy. For more information please contact Patient Financial Services at 919-690-3254.
* Governmental Programs – There are many governmental programs for which you may qualify. Please contact a Financial Counselor at 919-690-3267. We will assist you in completing any necessary forms and help you through the process.
* GHS Financial Assistance Policy – In the event that you do not qualify for one of the previously mentioned programs, you may qualify for Granville Health System’s Financial Assistance Program. For information on this program, call 919-690-3254. PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU. In addition, please contact us when you are not able to make payment within 30 days from the date of your first statement. Most patients who are unable to pay do qualify for some type of assistance.
It is important that you, the patient, familiarize yourself with the terms of your insurance coverage. Your knowledge of your insurance coverage will help you to understand the hospital’s billing procedures and charges. A Patient Financial Services Representative may contact you or a member of your family while you are here if information is needed to process your claims.
* We will need a copy of your insurance card.
* You will be asked to assign benefits from the insurance company directly to the hospital.
* Your plan may have special requirements, such as a second surgical opinion or pre-certification for certain tests or procedures. It is your responsibility to make sure the requirements of your plan have been met. If your plan’s requirements are not followed, you may be financially responsible for all or part of the services rendered in the hospital. We are here to assist you through this process, but we will need assistance from you at times.
* Co-pays and Deductibles – In accordance with insurance company guidelines, all co-pays and deductibles are due at the time of service.
Your Hospital Bill
* The hospital will submit all claims to your insurance company and will do everything possible to expedite your claim. PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU. If you receive a request for information from your insurance company, please be sure to respond. If you do not understand the letter, please contact your insurance company or please contact Patient Financial Services at 919-690-3254.
* We have several payment options available to assist you in paying your bill.
* Your bill reflects all of the hospital services you receive during your stay. Charges fall into two categories: a basic daily rate, which includes your room, meals, nursing care, housekeeping, telephone and television; and charges for special services which include items your physician orders for you, such as X-rays or lab tests.
* BILLS FROM OTHER PHYSICIANS – If you have tests or treatments in the hospital, you may receive bills from physicians you did not see in person. These bills are for professional services rendered by these doctors in diagnosing and interpreting test results while you were a patient. Pathologists, radiologists, cardiologists, anesthesiologists and other specialists perform these services and are required to submit separate bills. While most of these services are covered by the same insurances as those with whom Granville Medical Center contracts, the service may not participate in your health care plan and the services may not be covered.
If you have questions about these bills, please call the number printed on the statement you receive from them.
* ELECTIVE OR COSMETIC SERVICES – Procedures not covered by insurance must be paid in full prior to receiving the services. Please contact our Admissions Department at 919-690-2142 or 919-690-3204 for estimates for these services.
* PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU. Remember that your policy is a contract between you and your insurance company and you are responsible for payment of your hospital bill. Please feel free to call Patient Financial Services at 919-690-3254 if you have questions concerning your bill.
You may pay your bill by cash, check or credit card. The hospital accepts Visa, Discover and MasterCard. Payments may be made by mail (please do not mail cash), in person at Patient Financial Services, or by phone at 919-690-3254.
Click here for Pricing Transparency Information
Thank you for your assistance and prompt attention to our requests for information. Please understand that we are here to assist you and ease your payment process.